So why I am saying “Grow your own beauty ingredients”, well there are many reasons for that:
1. Quality will be top notch with no or minimum pesticides and insecticides.
2. You get it fresh whenever you require it.
3. Most easily available and you do not have to rush to the market everytime.
4. The simple joy of growing it on your own, trust me you would love it.
So the top 5 plants in my list which have myriads of beauty and health benefits and are worth growing in your home garden are as follows:
1. Aloe Vera – Apart from various health benefits Aloe vera acts as a great moisturizer and has anti-ageing properties because of several anti-oxidants which improve skin elasticity and prolong the appearance of wrinkles. It is also very effective in curing acne. Aloe vera is also used for dry scalp treatment and cure dandruff. Check out easy aloe vera storage method
How to use: Take out fresh aloe vera gel from the plant and apply it directly on the face and scalp to reap its benefits or consume it internally.
2. Curry Leaves – Curry leaves are very effective to cure hair loss and maintain natural color of hair. Curry leaves have vitamin B which helps restore color in our hair by nourishing and strengthening the roots and also promotes growth of new healthy hairs.
How to use: Make a paste of curry leaves and apply it on your hair scalp, Curd can also be mixed to improve consistency of the mixture. Curry leaves can also be consumed daily for fast effect. Curry leaf and coconut oil is used to prevent hair fall
3. Tulsi – Tulsi or holy basil has both health and beauty benefits. From being a great immunity booster to curing dandruff and itchy scalp to imparting a glowing and younger looking skin. It can do anything and is also believed to be anti-carcinogenic and helps treat some form of cancers, even breast cancer.
How to use: Add few tulsi leaves to your tea daily or consume it raw after washing properly. You can also make a paste of it and apply it directly or mix with curd or besan and apply it on your hair and face.
4. Mint – Mint helps in cleansing skin by absorbing excess of oils and thus clears off blackheads and reduces pimples and acne.
How to use: Make a paste of mint leaves and apply it on your face and leave it for 15 mins and then wash off. You can also make a paste of mint leaves with oats and apply it on face. Then before washing off gently massage your face to exfoliate skin and remove dead skin. You can even use mint with curd for glowing skin
5. Hibiscus – Hibiscus flowers which grow in abundance in India work wonders for hair. With regular use it takes care of many hair problems like prevents split ends and pre-mature greying of hair. It encourages hair growth and promotes thick hair.
How to use: Pluck fresh flowers and leaves and make a paste of them and mix with curd and apply on hair. Wash off after 1 hour.
Besides these you can also grow Wheatgrass , lemon, tomato, coriander and use them in your beauty recipes.